I typically do not rent a car when I visit Las Vegas and I discourage others from renting cars unless they specifically know that they will need one. There are still times when you want an option other than walking, the Monorail or the bus, though. Up until recently, my preferred method had been cab. That all changed during my recent trips. Continue reading Getting Around: Cabs, Lyft and Uber
As a general rule, hotels on the Strip are now charging to park.
MGM Resorts properties varies it a little from hotel to hotel. You can see those details on my MGM Parking post. I have another page with details for parking at Caesars Entertainment properties.
There are still a few places you can park for free, though. Continue reading Parking on the Strip
Caesars joined the ranks of other hotels to charge for parking. They allow a 1 hour grace period – the first hour of self-parking is free, but after that, you will have to pay to park at all Caesars properties except the Rio (which is off-Strip) and Planet Hollywood (which does charge for valet).
Hotel guests can charge the parking fee to their room, using their room key for access at all Caesars Entertainment hotels.
Total Rewards Platinum, Diamond and Seven Stars players receive free self- and valet-parking. Your Total Rewards card is used for access. Continue reading Caesars Las Vegas Hotels Parking Charges
The RTC’s official smartphone app, rideRTC is now available. It allows you to plan your trip, find a bus and buy transit passes, all on your smartphone.
You can buy passes ahead of time and then activate them when you need them (similar to the way Monorail passes work). For full details, visit the RTC’s mobile app page.
The iOS version is available via iTunes here:
The Android Version is available in the Google Play store here:
The RTC has also announced a number of schedule and route changes effective November 6, 2016. The Deuce and SDX are not affected. The full list is available here: http://www.rtcsnv.com/transit/november-6-2016-service-changes/
MGM Resorts in Las Vegas started charging for parking on June 6, 2016. If you use the Self-Parking garages, the first hour will be free. After that, the rates vary. Here are the details:
Registered Hotel Guests
- Parking is not included in the Resort Fee.
- The Parking Fee may be charged to your room bill.
- Your parking fee provides you with in-out privileges within the same parking type (self or valet) across all MGM Resorts destinations (subject to availability).
- Use your room key to access all parking facilities until 11:59 p.m. on the day of check out
M life Rewards Members
- Self-parking is complimentary* for Pearl, Gold, Platinum and NOIR M life Rewards Members
- Valet-parking is complimentary* for Gold, Platinum and NOIR M life Rewards Members
- Scan your qualifying M life card for entry and exit (you do not need to take a ticket)