The Rio discontinued its shuttle service to the Strip last Monday. They will still run some shuttles specifically for special events (like slot and video poker tournaments with players staying at other locations), but the regular service for all patrons has been stopped.
Caesars Entertainment is adding a rather impressive new benefit for active duty military and veterans. They have created a special “Salute” card and benefits especially for:
- All active duty military
- Members of the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard
- Members of the Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve, Air Force Reserve and Coast Guard Reserve
- All veterans
- All military and veteran spouses
As a general rule, hotels on the Strip are now charging to park.
MGM Resorts properties varies it a little from hotel to hotel. You can see those details on my MGM Parking post. I have another page with details for parking at Caesars Entertainment properties.
There are still a few places you can park for free, though. Continue reading Parking on the Strip
Caesars joined the ranks of other hotels to charge for parking. They allow a 1 hour grace period – the first hour of self-parking is free, but after that, you will have to pay to park at all Caesars properties except the Rio (which is off-Strip) and Planet Hollywood (which does charge for valet).
Hotel guests can charge the parking fee to their room, using their room key for access at all Caesars Entertainment hotels.
Total Rewards Platinum, Diamond and Seven Stars players receive free self- and valet-parking. Your Total Rewards card is used for access. Continue reading Caesars Las Vegas Hotels Parking Charges
Total Rewards just sent out a teaser for the 2017 Total Rewards Benefits. They haven’t announced any major changes. It says “all of your favorite benefits will still be available.” and it confirms that the daily Tier Credit Bonuses will still be available. They do list the Seven Stars Signature Events dates and locations, which is nice. I have included the full text for reference.
- All Total Rewards members will continue to earn Tier Credits and Reward Credits when playing, dining, shopping or staying at a Total Rewards resort or casino. Show your Total Rewards card everywhere you go or bill to your room to make sure you’re receiving all of the credits available to you.
- All four levels of daily Tier Credit Bonuses will remain the same, continuing to make it easier to achieve and maintain Tier Status.
- Platinum, Diamond and Seven Stars® members receive discounts at casino gift shops, priority lines and the ability to gift up to 5,000 Reward Credits to a friend.
- Diamond and Seven Stars members receive an annual Celebration Dinner, access to the Diamond Lounge, and eligibility for Aspirations at 40,000 and 80,000 Tier Credits.
- Seven Stars members will continue to enjoy their core benefits, including a Retreat to any Total Rewards resort or casino, Voyage with Norwegian Cruise Line®, complimentary room for any visit, Companion Card to share priority service with someone special, eligibility to earn Seven Stars Signature Experiences, and invitation to a Signature Event® with a choice of four dates in 2017.
- 2017’s Seven Stars Signature Events will be held at the following destinations:
- Lake Tahoe June 7 – 11
- Atlantic City July 21 – 23
- Las Vegas August 24 – 27
- New Orleans September 28 – October 1
Complete benefit details will be available online no later than February 1st.