In the past few weeks, both MGM and Caesars have announced increases to their resort fees. The new rates at MGM go into effect on March 2nd. The increases for Caesars go into effect on March 1st. As a general rule, the resort fees cover local phone calls, fitness center access for 2 as well as in-room wireless internet access.
The new fees at Caesars Entertainment properties are: Continue reading Resort Fee Increases at MGM Resorts and Caesars Entertainment hotels
Total Rewards just sent out a teaser for the 2017 Total Rewards Benefits. They haven’t announced any major changes. It says “all of your favorite benefits will still be available.” and it confirms that the daily Tier Credit Bonuses will still be available. They do list the Seven Stars Signature Events dates and locations, which is nice. I have included the full text for reference.
- All Total Rewards members will continue to earn Tier Credits and Reward Credits when playing, dining, shopping or staying at a Total Rewards resort or casino. Show your Total Rewards card everywhere you go or bill to your room to make sure you’re receiving all of the credits available to you.
- All four levels of daily Tier Credit Bonuses will remain the same, continuing to make it easier to achieve and maintain Tier Status.
- Platinum, Diamond and Seven Stars® members receive discounts at casino gift shops, priority lines and the ability to gift up to 5,000 Reward Credits to a friend.
- Diamond and Seven Stars members receive an annual Celebration Dinner, access to the Diamond Lounge, and eligibility for Aspirations at 40,000 and 80,000 Tier Credits.
- Seven Stars members will continue to enjoy their core benefits, including a Retreat to any Total Rewards resort or casino, Voyage with Norwegian Cruise Line®, complimentary room for any visit, Companion Card to share priority service with someone special, eligibility to earn Seven Stars Signature Experiences, and invitation to a Signature Event® with a choice of four dates in 2017.
- 2017’s Seven Stars Signature Events will be held at the following destinations:
- Lake Tahoe June 7 – 11
- Atlantic City July 21 – 23
- Las Vegas August 24 – 27
- New Orleans September 28 – October 1
Complete benefit details will be available online no later than February 1st.
There have been a few changes over the past months. X Rocks at the Rio and Tony n’ Tina’s Wedding at Bally’s are no longer on the list. The Paul Zerdin show at Planet Hollywood has closed. Other shows like Penn & Teller, Anthony Cools and Menopause The Musical are ‘sold out’ or have limited availability.
You can see the full list and details on my permanent Total Rewards Free Shows List post.
Total Rewards is running another Tier Credit Bonus promotion.
The Tier Credit Bonus through this offer will be awarded on Tier Credits earned (including Daily Tier Credit Bonuses) October 1 through December 31, 2016, with a maximum total bonus of 20,000 Tier Credits.
For every 500 Tier Credits you earn between October 1 and December 31, Total Rewards will give you a 100 Tier Credit bonus for 2017, up to 20k max. Continue reading Total Rewards Winter Tier Credit Bonus Promotion
In 2013, Total Rewards started a daily Tier Credit Bonuses program which gives you additional Tier Credits for earning certain amounts of Tier Credits in a single casino/gaming day (typically a 24 hour period between 6:00am one day and 5:59am the following morning. Check the Total Rewards desk for the hours at your casino just to be safe).
- If you earn 500 Tier Credits in one day, you receive 125 bonus Tier Credits
- If you earn 1000 Tier Credits in one day, you receive 1000 bonus Tier Credits
- If you earn 2500 Tier Credits in one day, you receive 5000 bonus Tier Credits
- If you earn 5000 Tier Credits in one day, you receive 10,000 bonus Tier Credits
Only the highest bonus achieved is awarded.
Earning 2500 Tier Credits plus the 5000 bonus Tier Credits is enough to give you Platinum status in a single day. Earning 5000 Tier Credits plus the 10,000 bonus Tier Credits is enough to give you Diamond status in a single day.