This is a reminder to double-check the terms and conditions of your myVEGAS Reward before you buy it. The details of the Reward you were looking at last week may be different today when you go to buy it. Many of these details are only found in the Terms & Conditions on the second page of the Reward details.
A few notable conditions are:
- Aria Buffet Comps: These now require at one night stay at an MGM Resort in order to be honored. You must be a currently registered guest at the time. If you haven’t checked in yet, or you have already checked out, you won’t be allowed to use it. More of the buffet Rewards are expected to add this qualification soon.
- FreePlay Rewards: You must be a current guest at the specific MGM property where the FreePlay is offered. (i.e. you must be a guest at the Mirage if you want to use the Mirage FreePlay). Minimum stays are required for the higher amounts. The $10 FreePlay requires a 1 night stay. The $25 FreePlay requires a 2 night stay and the $50 FreePlay requires a 3 night stay.
- Dining Credits: At this point almost all of the dining credit Rewards require a minimum purchase (i.e. $20 off with a $40 pre-tax minimum, $25 off with a $75 pre-tax minimum). The one exception seems to be the Nine Fine Irishmen $25 dinner credit which is a straight up $25 credit.
- Club Bottle Service Rewards: These now require at one night stay at an MGM Resort.
- Comp Room Bonus: Although you can buy up to 3 of these Rewards, many of them are no longer good for consecutive nights. Read the fine print for your specific Reward.
UPDATE: You can now only use 1 Comp Room Reward per trip. You can also only purchase 1 Comp Room Reward at a time.
Also, check the Travel Window and Booking Window for Comp Room Rewards. When the availability calendars were updated recently, the Rewards were still only good through the end of September. The new Rewards are good through January 2015, but if you bought a Room Reward before they were updated, you may not be able to use it.