Wow. That was fast.
MGM Resorts in Las Vegas started charging for parking in June of last year. They are changing the fee structure and raising the rates as of April 12, 2017.
The new Self Parking rates are:
Excalibur, Luxor & Monte Carlo:
- 1st hour is free
- 1-2 hours is $5
- 2-4 hours is $8
- 4-24 hours is $10
Continue reading MGM Resorts Raising Parking Rates
The RTC’s official smartphone app, rideRTC is now available. It allows you to plan your trip, find a bus and buy transit passes, all on your smartphone.
You can buy passes ahead of time and then activate them when you need them (similar to the way Monorail passes work). For full details, visit the RTC’s mobile app page.
The iOS version is available via iTunes here:
The Android Version is available in the Google Play store here:
The RTC has also announced a number of schedule and route changes effective November 6, 2016. The Deuce and SDX are not affected. The full list is available here: http://www.rtcsnv.com/transit/november-6-2016-service-changes/
MGM Resorts in Las Vegas will start charging for parking on June 6, 2016. If you use the Self-Parking garages, the first hour will be free. After that, the rates vary. Here are the details:
Registered Hotel Guests
- Parking is not included in the Resort Fee.
- The Parking Fee may be charged to your room bill.
- Your parking fee provides you with in-out privileges within the same parking type (self or valet) across all MGM Resorts destinations (subject to availability).
- Use your room key to access all parking facilities until 11:59 p.m. on the day of check out
M life Rewards Members
- Self-parking is complimentary* for Pearl, Gold, Platinum and NOIR M life Rewards Members
- Valet-parking is complimentary* for Gold, Platinum and NOIR M life Rewards Members
- Scan your qualifying M life card for entry and exit (you do not need to take a ticket)
Continue reading Parking at MGM Resorts
On Monday, I posted about my planning process for this trip. This is how it all turned out. Warning: This is a long narrative post.
Monday morning after only a few hours of sleep I headed to the airport. I got there at 5am for a 6:25am flight on Southwest. I almost missed the flight due to surprisingly long security lines. Continue reading 48 Hours in Vegas Trip Report
Due to a short notice schedule change, I found myself with some ‘free time’. I had a little flexibility but knew I wanted to be in Las Vegas for a few days between Saturday, March 12th and Wednesday, March 16th.
Here is the process I went though to plan this new short trip:
Continue reading Quick Trip Planning Process