The Excalibur opened in 1990, during the highly themed and family friendly era of Las Vegas. It was built by Circus Circus Enterprises, so it has a lot in common with Circus Circus. It is now owned by MGM Resorts and is part of the Mlife players club. It is on the South end of the Strip at the intersection of Tropicana and Las Vegas Blvd. It shares the intersection with MGM Grand, New York – New York and Tropicana.
MGM Resorts in Las Vegas started charging for parking on June 6, 2016. If you use the Self-Parking garages, the first hour will be free. After that, the rates vary. Here are the details:
Registered Hotel Guests
- Parking is not included in the Resort Fee.
- The Parking Fee may be charged to your room bill.
- Your parking fee provides you with in-out privileges within the same parking type (self or valet) across all MGM Resorts destinations (subject to availability).
- Use your room key to access all parking facilities until 11:59 p.m. on the day of check out
M life Rewards Members
- Self-parking is complimentary* for Pearl, Gold, Platinum and NOIR M life Rewards Members
- Valet-parking is complimentary* for Gold, Platinum and NOIR M life Rewards Members
- Scan your qualifying M life card for entry and exit (you do not need to take a ticket)
If you enjoy Las Vegas gaming history and miss places like the Casino Legends Hall of Fame Museum and Las Vegas Historic Museum, you may be interested in the free Las Vegas and casino memorabilia exhibits downtown at the El Cortez and the Plaza. Continue reading Free Gaming Memorabilia Exhibits Downtown