The Foundation Room at Mandalay Bay is one of my favorite Las Vegas spots. Good music, food, drink and a great view of the Strip. It is a nightclub after 10pm, but if you are looking for a more relaxed, accessible way to experience it, check out their Nibbles & Sips happy hour. It runs 5p-8p Sunday-Thursday. Lounge access is free during happy hour and they have $10 small plates/appetizers and $5 drink specials as well as the full menu and full bar. Early in the evening it is quiet enough to hold a conversation and finding a table in the lounge or a spot at the bar is relatively easy.
Total Rewards just sent out a teaser for the 2017 Total Rewards Benefits. They haven’t announced any major changes. It says “all of your favorite benefits will still be available.” and it confirms that the daily Tier Credit Bonuses will still be available. They do list the Seven Stars Signature Events dates and locations, which is nice. I have included the full text for reference.
- All Total Rewards members will continue to earn Tier Credits and Reward Credits when playing, dining, shopping or staying at a Total Rewards resort or casino. Show your Total Rewards card everywhere you go or bill to your room to make sure you’re receiving all of the credits available to you.
- All four levels of daily Tier Credit Bonuses will remain the same, continuing to make it easier to achieve and maintain Tier Status.
- Platinum, Diamond and Seven Stars® members receive discounts at casino gift shops, priority lines and the ability to gift up to 5,000 Reward Credits to a friend.
- Diamond and Seven Stars members receive an annual Celebration Dinner, access to the Diamond Lounge, and eligibility for Aspirations at 40,000 and 80,000 Tier Credits.
- Seven Stars members will continue to enjoy their core benefits, including a Retreat to any Total Rewards resort or casino, Voyage with Norwegian Cruise Line®, complimentary room for any visit, Companion Card to share priority service with someone special, eligibility to earn Seven Stars Signature Experiences, and invitation to a Signature Event® with a choice of four dates in 2017.
- 2017’s Seven Stars Signature Events will be held at the following destinations:
- Lake Tahoe June 7 – 11
- Atlantic City July 21 – 23
- Las Vegas August 24 – 27
- New Orleans September 28 – October 1
Complete benefit details will be available online no later than February 1st.
The Bellagio Fountain holiday song schedule has been uploaded. You can see the new schedule on the Bellagio Fountain Show Song List and Schedule page.
The W Hotel brand is opening in Las Vegas in December. The W Las Vegas will be taking over the former Lux Tower at SLS Las Vegas. Like the other hotel within a hotel options, The W will have its own lobby and check-in area.
The W is part of the Starwood Prefered Guest program, which is now linked with Marriott Rewards and the Ritz Carlton Rewards, allowing you to earn, use and transfer points between your linked accounts.
Many of the myVEGAS Room Rewards Calendars have been updated with dates through June 2017. The new calendars are on my myVEGAS Room Rewards Calendars page.
There are also some special November and December 2-night Rewards available.
A few examples are the MGM Grand Two December Comp Nights Reward for 95,000LPs and good for Dec 12-15 and 18-28;
the Monte Carlo Two Comp Nights in November & December Reward for 60,000LPs and good for Nov 14-17, 27-30, and Dec 1, 4-8, and 11-26;
and the Luxor Two Comp Nights in November & December Reward for very economical 36,000LPs and good for Nov 14-17, 20-23, 27-30, and Dec 11-22.